India has two entirely different set of rules for its politicians/VIPs and ordinary men. When it comes to protecting the VIPs/politicians all constitutional rights and freedoms are given widest interpretation. However, when it comes to ordinary citizen, neither the Indian constitution nor his rights are of any significance.
Indian politicians and VIPs are least bothered about giving their biometric details citing privacy reasons. Similarly, they are also wary of the phone tapping provisions of the same laws that apply to us in an unrestricted and uncontrolled manner.
What do you think?
(1) Is India Adopting Double Standards Regarding Privacy Rights And Telephone Tapping?
(2) The Cyber Security, Data Security And Civil Liberties Implications Of Aadhaar Project And Biometric Collection By UIDAI In India
(3) Central Monitoring System (CMS) Of India
(4) Civil Liberties Protection In Cyberspace
(5) Radia Tapes, Ratan Tata’s Privacy, Fundamental Rights And Public Interest
(6) Standing Committee On Home Affairs Recommends Safeguards For Phone Tapping Of Politicians
(7) Indian Central Monitoring System Project Needs PMO Intervention
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink