(1) Tata Domain Case: Tata has won the domain name dispute against Arno Palmen. The Delhi High Court restrained Arno Palmen and those related to him from using the domain name tatainfotech.in in any of its activities.
(2) Madrid Protocol: India has finally submitted instrument of accession to the Madrid protocol. The treaty will enter into force with respect to India on July 8, 2013.
(3) Merck Sharp And Dohme’s (MSD) Appealed: Recently Novartis lost the patent claims of Novartis Ag’s cancer treatment drug Glivec in Supreme Court of India. Now a single Judge of Delhi High Court has refused to restrain an Indian firm Glenmark from manufacturing and selling anti-diabetes drugs Zita and Zita-Met. MSD has appealed to the division Bench of Delhi High Court against such interim order.
(4) Bar Coding Deferred: The date for bar coding of Primary level packaging for export consignment of pharmaceuticals and drugs has been deferred. The new date has been fixed to 01.07.2014.
(5) US IP Theft: A legislation has been proposed by United States that would target companies using stolen intellectual property of US.
(6) Expiring Medicines Patents: according to legal experts the expiring medicines patents can boost pharmaceutical e-commerce in India.
We hope you would find these updates useful.