(1) Centre Of Excellence On Cyber Security: Perry4Law Organisation has formally launched the exclusive techno legal centre of excellence for cyber security research and development in India (CECSRDI). The CECSRDI is a very comprehensive online portal that is discussing cyber security issues of national and international importance.
(2) Cyber Security Forums: Perry4Law Organisation has also launched the cyber security forum of India. The forums are discussing cyber security and related aspects in the most comprehensive and holistic manner. We believe that these forums are worth joining.
(3) Cyber Security Policy: Indian government has assured that a cyber security policy of India would be formulated very soon. This is a very good decision on the part of Indian government. We would cover this aspect the moment Indian government comes up with the proposed cyber security policy.
(4) Cyber Crimes Investigation: Regulations and guidelines for effective investigation of cyber crimes in India may be formulated very soon. This is a significant development in the field of cyber crimes prevention and investigation in India. Acting on public interest litigation (PIL), the Supreme Court of India has issued notice to Centre to seek its views in this regard.
(5) Central Monitoring System: A central monitoring system (CMS) for telephone tapping in India would be installed by Indian government in the month of April 2013. The CMS project, based in New Delhi, would also have four hubs in major cities of India. Proposal to curtail the discretionary power of agencies to listen into phone calls may also be implemented. The telegraph act may be suitable amended to reflect these changes.
We hope our readers would enjoy reading this update. We would come up with more updates very soon.
Source: Cyber Security In India.